Winter CancellationsIt has always been a policy of the Presbytery of Northumberland to cancel events and meetings in the event of inclement weather. We will notify the committee members by email and/or phone call Before traveling to the Presbytery Office or any of the churches call first to confirm any delays or cancellations. During the winter months when preparing your church meetings and events always plan on a snow date.
- Best Viewed in Mozilla Firefox - to download Firefox for free go to: http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/
Subscribe to the Presbytery of Northumberland
Join us on Facebook
Upcoming EventsMay2MonMay9Monall-day Krislund Overnight Conference @ Krislund Camp and Conference CenterKrislund Overnight Conference @ Krislund Camp and Conference CenterMay 9 – May 10 all-dayShare this:EmailPrintFacebookPinterestLinkedInLike this:Like Loading...May18Wed9:00 am Presbytery Transitional Task For... @ Presbytery OfficePresbytery Transitional Task For... @ Presbytery OfficeMay 18 @ 9:00 amShare this:EmailPrintFacebookPinterestLinkedInLike this:Like Loading...10:30 am Committee on Shared Gifts Meeting @ Presbytery OfficeCommittee on Shared Gifts Meeting @ Presbytery OfficeMay 18 @ 10:30 amShare this:EmailPrintFacebookPinterestLinkedInLike this:Like Loading...May23Monall-day Continuing Education CRE’s @ Montoursville Presbyterian ChurchContinuing Education CRE’s @ Montoursville Presbyterian ChurchMay 23 all-daySoul Fest (Spiritual Development)Share this:EmailPrintFacebookPinterestLinkedInLike this:Like Loading...May25WedMay30MonMay31TueJun2ThuJun22Wed9:30 am General Commission Meeting @ Montoursville Presbyterian ChurchGeneral Commission Meeting @ Montoursville Presbyterian ChurchJun 22 @ 9:30 am – 11:30 amShare this:EmailPrintFacebookPinterestLinkedInLike this:Like Loading...
- Protected: Special Stated Meeting of Northumberland Presbytery April 26, 2016
- Presbyterian Women
- Presbyterian Women
- International Evangelism
- Parish Paper
- Kruisin’ at Krislund
- 2016 Winter Leadership Conference
- Protected: Northumberland Presbytery General Commission
- Florentine and the Treasures of the Snow
- Krislund Camp
Ministries in the Northumberland Presbytery
- Book of Order
- Church Events
- Community Events
- Continuing Education
- Council Meeting
- Important Dates
- Inspiring Stories of What God is doing…
- Krislund Camp
- Mission Yearbook
- Opportunities for Ministry
- Parish Paper
- Pastor Tier Meetings
- Pittsburgh Theological Seminary
- Presbyterian Disaster Assistance
- Presbyterian Men's Mission Network
- Presbyterian Senior Living
- Presbyterian Women
- Presbyterian World Mission
- Presbytery Directory
- Presbytery Policies
- Presbytery Stated Meeting
- Resource center
- Youth Triennium
- Rebuilding in Homs, life slowly returns in Syrian city devastated by civil war May 6, 2016
- Pittsburgh pastor shares passion for the work of mission May 5, 2016
- Committee receives one challenge to its nominee for PC(USA) Stated Clerk May 5, 2016
- PC(USA) General Assembly Committee 6 Preview May 5, 2016
- Presbyterian Disaster Assistance meets with ecumenical partners in Lebanon May 4, 2016
The Presbyterian Women of the Synod of the Trinity have scheduled four regional meetings for 2016. Events include a Bible study, related activities, great company and a time of spiritual renewal — and no cooking, laundry or cleaning! This is an informal time, so comfy clothes and shoes are in order. There will also be a very short business meeting to elect new leaders and transact other business as needed.
For more information and to register for the Central Region please contact Carolyn Baillie at firstname.lastname@example.org
The regional meetings will be held as follows:
- CENTRAL REGION (May 13-14) at Krislund Camp and Conference Center, Danville, PA. Deadline is April 30. For Carlisle, Huntingdon and Northumberland Presbyteries.
- EASTERN REGION (June 3-4) at Highland Presbyterian Church, Lancaster, PA. Deadline is May 3. For Donegal, Lackawanna, Lehigh and Philadelphia Presbyteries.
- SOUTHWEST REGION (June 10-11) at Mountainside Conference Center, Bethany College, Bethany, WV. Deadline is May 12. For Pittsburgh, Redstone, Upper Ohio Valley, Washington and West Virginia Presbyteries.
- NORTHWEST REGION (July 27-28) at Westminster College, PA. Deadline is June 4. For Beaver-Butler, Kiskiminetas, Lake Erie and Shenango Presbyteries.
On the registration form (click here) there is information about the four gatherings: the date, place and the cost. Each is an overnight stay. Commuters may also attend. If you cannot attend the one scheduled for your region, you are welcome to attend another. After you register, the registrar will send you a confirmation letter along with directions to the gathering location. You will also learn if you need to bring any other items besides your Bible, pen or pencil and how to participate in the local mission project. Materials will be provided for each participant. Take note of the registration due date for the gathering you are attending, to whom to make the check and the registrar’s address for mailing.
Each region is choosing a mission project. The Central Region has chosen the Central PA Food Bank, which distributes items to food banks in our three presbyteries’ regional area. The Northwestern and Eastern Region projects will be available later. The Southwest Region’s project will be a local food pantry and the Washington City Mission.
The new Synod mission project for 2016-17 will be introduced so you can share this information with your PW group.
The guest speakers for the Spring Gathering are:
Amanda Leicht from Grove Presbyterian Church. She’s a physician and has been to Africa and served the Navaho reservation.
Dr. Marilyn Witherup from FPC Bloomsburg church who has been to Guatemala several times.
What’s a girl mouse to do when she discovers snow for the first time in her life? Join Florentine and her friends on the adventure of a lifetime from snowball fights to high speed sledding on a kitchen spoon to dealing with the local bullies. Florentine and the Treasures of the Snow is the first of a series of stories designed to teach children about God’s Word through Florentine’s adventures. In this first book, Florentine and her brother, Baxter, learn about God’s creation through a winter snowstorm. This would be a great book for parents and grandparents to read to their children. Children ages nine through twelve would enjoy reading this book.
This book is available in Amazon as a paperback book and Kindle reader or contact Carrie Stine (email@example.com) for a signed copy.
To purchase go to Amazon at: http://www.amazon.com/Florentine-Treasures-Snow-Herb-Stine/dp/0692440526
UPCOMING EVENTS FOR KRISLUND CAMP
A Year Round, Multigenerational Ministry
TELS Retreat Krislund is Hosting a retreat for College Students/Young Adults
March 4-6, 2016
In March Krislund is hosting a college/young adult retreat. The theme is Relentless: Pursuing Christ At Any Cost. The weekend will be full of worship, small group sessions and activities. Our speaker, Jon tells stories. Stories about art. Stories about leadership. Stories about people. Stories about hope. Stories about sports. Stories about LEGOs, snowflakes, and the Macy’s Thanksgiving Parade. Jon tells stories online, on stage, in writing, and in rhyme. Jon tells stories about everything in the hopes of pointing us towards the one thing that really matters. The cost of this even is $35.
ROCK THE CAMP – Youth Event
Mark your calendars for March 24-26, 2016. Krislund is hosting Rock the Camp. This retreat is for youth 6th-12th grade. This service based retreat will be full of worship, prayer, service projects, new friends, and laser tag! The cost is$35. Below you will find the forms you need for the retreat. Contact Ashley at 814-422-8878 or at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
For more information on events go to their website by clicking here: KRISLUND