Winter CancellationsIt has always been a policy of the Presbytery of Northumberland to cancel events and meetings in the event of inclement weather. We will notify the committee members by email and/or phone call Before traveling to the Presbytery Office or any of the churches call first to confirm any delays or cancellations. During the winter months when preparing your church meetings and events always plan on a snow date.
- Best Viewed in Mozilla Firefox - to download Firefox for free go to: http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/
Subscribe to the Presbytery of Northumberland
Join us on Facebook
Upcoming EventsJun26MonJul4TueJul6ThuJul11TueJul22SatAug3ThuAug8TueAug9WedAug16Wed9:30 am General Commission Meeting @ Montoursville Presbyterian ChurchGeneral Commission Meeting @ Montoursville Presbyterian ChurchAug 16 @ 9:30 amShare this:EmailPrintFacebookPinterestLinkedInLike this:Like Loading...
Ministries in the Northumberland Presbytery
- Book of Order
- Church Events
- Community Events
- Continuing Education
- Council Meeting
- Important Dates
- Inspiring Stories of What God is doing…
- Krislund Camp
- Mission Yearbook
- Opportunities for Ministry
- Parish Paper
- Pastor Tier Meetings
- Pittsburgh Theological Seminary
- Presbyterian Disaster Assistance
- Presbyterian Men's Mission Network
- Presbyterian Senior Living
- Presbyterian Women
- Presbyterian World Mission
- Presbytery Directory
- Presbytery Policies
- Presbytery Stated Meeting
- Resource center
- Vacation Bible School
- Youth Triennium
- PMAB responds to De La Rosa’s ‘open letter’ to Way Forward Commission June 23, 2017
- New interactive map highlights Presbyterian historic sites in St. Louis area June 23, 2017
- Where leadership thrives: Summer camp and the hope for the world June 23, 2017
- «Conversaciones Teológicas» emite 500 años y contando para el mes de junio del 2017 June 23, 2017
- 한반도 평화를 위한 기도의 절기 June 22, 2017
Category Archives: Important Dates
Finding My Voice
With Rev. Dr. Susan Halverstadt
July 29-30, 2016
A retreat for women either in or out of the church that is looking for a safe place to explore finding her voice, her direction and/or a way of expressing herself in tune with her self.
No matter who you are or where you are in ministry or in life, finding your voice is essential. Our overnight retreat will be spent exploring the critical stuff of your life.
* For more information and to register click on the link: Finding My Voice
The Presbyterian Women of the Synod of the Trinity have scheduled four regional meetings for 2016. Events include a Bible study, related activities, great company and a time of spiritual renewal — and no cooking, laundry or cleaning! This is an informal time, so comfy clothes and shoes are in order. There will also be a very short business meeting to elect new leaders and transact other business as needed.
For more information and to register for the Central Region please contact Carolyn Baillie at email@example.com
The regional meetings will be held as follows:
- CENTRAL REGION (May 13-14) at Krislund Camp and Conference Center, Danville, PA. Deadline is April 30. For Carlisle, Huntingdon and Northumberland Presbyteries.
- EASTERN REGION (June 3-4) at Highland Presbyterian Church, Lancaster, PA. Deadline is May 3. For Donegal, Lackawanna, Lehigh and Philadelphia Presbyteries.
- SOUTHWEST REGION (June 10-11) at Mountainside Conference Center, Bethany College, Bethany, WV. Deadline is May 12. For Pittsburgh, Redstone, Upper Ohio Valley, Washington and West Virginia Presbyteries.
- NORTHWEST REGION (July 27-28) at Westminster College, PA. Deadline is June 4. For Beaver-Butler, Kiskiminetas, Lake Erie and Shenango Presbyteries.
On the registration form (click here) there is information about the four gatherings: the date, place and the cost. Each is an overnight stay. Commuters may also attend. If you cannot attend the one scheduled for your region, you are welcome to attend another. After you register, the registrar will send you a confirmation letter along with directions to the gathering location. You will also learn if you need to bring any other items besides your Bible, pen or pencil and how to participate in the local mission project. Materials will be provided for each participant. Take note of the registration due date for the gathering you are attending, to whom to make the check and the registrar’s address for mailing.
Each region is choosing a mission project. The Central Region has chosen the Central PA Food Bank, which distributes items to food banks in our three presbyteries’ regional area. The Northwestern and Eastern Region projects will be available later. The Southwest Region’s project will be a local food pantry and the Washington City Mission.
The new Synod mission project for 2016-17 will be introduced so you can share this information with your PW group.
The guest speakers for the Spring Gathering are:
Amanda Leicht from Grove Presbyterian Church. She’s a physician and has been to Africa and served the Navaho reservation.
Dr. Marilyn Witherup from FPC Bloomsburg church who has been to Guatemala several times.
UPCOMING EVENTS FOR KRISLUND CAMP
A Year Round, Multigenerational Ministry
TELS Retreat Krislund is Hosting a retreat for College Students/Young Adults
March 4-6, 2016
In March Krislund is hosting a college/young adult retreat. The theme is Relentless: Pursuing Christ At Any Cost. The weekend will be full of worship, small group sessions and activities. Our speaker, Jon tells stories. Stories about art. Stories about leadership. Stories about people. Stories about hope. Stories about sports. Stories about LEGOs, snowflakes, and the Macy’s Thanksgiving Parade. Jon tells stories online, on stage, in writing, and in rhyme. Jon tells stories about everything in the hopes of pointing us towards the one thing that really matters. The cost of this even is $35.
ROCK THE CAMP – Youth Event
Mark your calendars for March 24-26, 2016. Krislund is hosting Rock the Camp. This retreat is for youth 6th-12th grade. This service based retreat will be full of worship, prayer, service projects, new friends, and laser tag! The cost is$35. Below you will find the forms you need for the retreat. Contact Ashley at 814-422-8878 or at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
For more information on events go to their website by clicking here: KRISLUND
Milton First Presbyterian Church * 47 Walnut Street, Milton PA December 20 @ 4pm Brass Quintet, music from the choir, passing of the light, birthday cake for Jesus and delicious reception following in Fellowship Hall. December 27 @ 10:15 am Relaxed service of special music and readings. No Sunday School.
Trinity United Presbyterian Church * 6 Broad Street, Tioga, Pa December 20 @ 9:30 am Cantata and Children’s Program