Winter CancellationsIt has always been a policy of the Presbytery of Northumberland to cancel events and meetings in the event of inclement weather. We will notify the committee members by email and/or phone call Before traveling to the Presbytery Office or any of the churches call first to confirm any delays or cancellations. During the winter months when preparing your church meetings and events always plan on a snow date.
- Best Viewed in Mozilla Firefox - to download Firefox for free go to: http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/
Subscribe to the Presbytery of Northumberland
Join us on Facebook
Upcoming EventsJul22SatAug3ThuAug8TueAug9WedAug16Wed9:30 am General Commission Meeting @ Montoursville Presbyterian ChurchGeneral Commission Meeting @ Montoursville Presbyterian ChurchAug 16 @ 9:30 amShare this:EmailPrintFacebookPinterestLinkedInLike this:Like Loading...Sep7ThuSep16Sat9:00 am Stated Meeting of the Presbytery @ Bloomsburg First Presbyterian ChurchStated Meeting of the Presbytery @ Bloomsburg First Presbyterian ChurchSep 16 @ 9:00 amStewardship – Rev. Ellie Johns-Kelley, Presbyterian FoundationShare this:EmailPrintFacebookPinterestLinkedInLike this:Like Loading...Oct5ThuNov2ThuNov18Sat9:00 am Presbytery Stated Meeting @ First Presbyterian ChurchPresbytery Stated Meeting @ First Presbyterian ChurchNov 18 @ 9:00 amCelebrating the 20th Anniversary of the Formula of Agreement 1997-2017 and the 500th Anniversary of the Reformation. Speaker: Bishop Collins Share this:EmailPrintFacebookPinterestLinkedInLike this:Like Loading...
Ministries in the Northumberland Presbytery
- Book of Order
- Church Events
- Community Events
- Continuing Education
- Council Meeting
- Important Dates
- Inspiring Stories of What God is doing…
- Krislund Camp
- Mission Yearbook
- Opportunities for Ministry
- Parish Paper
- Pastor Tier Meetings
- Pittsburgh Theological Seminary
- Presbyterian Disaster Assistance
- Presbyterian Men's Mission Network
- Presbyterian Senior Living
- Presbyterian Women
- Presbyterian World Mission
- Presbytery Directory
- Presbytery Policies
- Presbytery Stated Meeting
- Resource center
- Vacation Bible School
- Youth Triennium
- Presbyterian Mission Agency Board Executive Committee wraps up three-day retreat July 20, 2017
- 인종차별과 빈곤의 교차점에 있는 사역 July 20, 2017
- 빅텐트 폐회예배는 변화의 씨앗을 심고 경작하도록 장려함 July 20, 2017
- 총회 사무국(OGA)의 구나Guna는 권위있는 디지털 매핑상 수상 July 20, 2017
- 버클을 채우고, 단단히 잡고, 미친 듯이 기도하십시오 July 20, 2017
Category Archives: Presbyterian Women
Finding My Voice
With Rev. Dr. Susan Halverstadt
July 29-30, 2016
A retreat for women either in or out of the church that is looking for a safe place to explore finding her voice, her direction and/or a way of expressing herself in tune with her self.
No matter who you are or where you are in ministry or in life, finding your voice is essential. Our overnight retreat will be spent exploring the critical stuff of your life.
* For more information and to register click on the link: Finding My Voice
The Presbyterian Women of the Synod of the Trinity have scheduled four regional meetings for 2016. Events include a Bible study, related activities, great company and a time of spiritual renewal — and no cooking, laundry or cleaning! This is an informal time, so comfy clothes and shoes are in order. There will also be a very short business meeting to elect new leaders and transact other business as needed.
For more information and to register for the Central Region please contact Carolyn Baillie at email@example.com
The regional meetings will be held as follows:
- CENTRAL REGION (May 13-14) at Krislund Camp and Conference Center, Danville, PA. Deadline is April 30. For Carlisle, Huntingdon and Northumberland Presbyteries.
- EASTERN REGION (June 3-4) at Highland Presbyterian Church, Lancaster, PA. Deadline is May 3. For Donegal, Lackawanna, Lehigh and Philadelphia Presbyteries.
- SOUTHWEST REGION (June 10-11) at Mountainside Conference Center, Bethany College, Bethany, WV. Deadline is May 12. For Pittsburgh, Redstone, Upper Ohio Valley, Washington and West Virginia Presbyteries.
- NORTHWEST REGION (July 27-28) at Westminster College, PA. Deadline is June 4. For Beaver-Butler, Kiskiminetas, Lake Erie and Shenango Presbyteries.
On the registration form (click here) there is information about the four gatherings: the date, place and the cost. Each is an overnight stay. Commuters may also attend. If you cannot attend the one scheduled for your region, you are welcome to attend another. After you register, the registrar will send you a confirmation letter along with directions to the gathering location. You will also learn if you need to bring any other items besides your Bible, pen or pencil and how to participate in the local mission project. Materials will be provided for each participant. Take note of the registration due date for the gathering you are attending, to whom to make the check and the registrar’s address for mailing.
Each region is choosing a mission project. The Central Region has chosen the Central PA Food Bank, which distributes items to food banks in our three presbyteries’ regional area. The Northwestern and Eastern Region projects will be available later. The Southwest Region’s project will be a local food pantry and the Washington City Mission.
The new Synod mission project for 2016-17 will be introduced so you can share this information with your PW group.
The guest speakers for the Spring Gathering are:
Amanda Leicht from Grove Presbyterian Church. She’s a physician and has been to Africa and served the Navaho reservation.
Dr. Marilyn Witherup from FPC Bloomsburg church who has been to Guatemala several times.
Witness and act for an end to violence against women and girls
On the 25th of each month – join people around the world in observing an Orange Day to work for an end to violence against women and girls. This call comes from Say NO – UNiTE to End Violence against Women, a social mobilization platform on ending violence against women and girls that is related to UN Secretary General Ban Ki-Moon’s campaign, UNiTE to End Violence against Women. (http://endviolence.un.org/ )
Out Of The Darkness…Into The Light
A group of Presbyterian women will travel to the San Francisco Bay Area in California, September 22–30, 2016, for PW’s fourth USA Mission Experience. They will connect concerns raised by past USA Mission Experiences and Global Exchanges with similar issues in the Bay Area. Participants will encounter challenges to God’s promise of a beloved community and witness to the faithful work being done by our sisters in the San Francisco and San Jose presbyteries.
The USA Mission Experience equips women with an understanding of the region’s history and culture, the existing ministry of the church and the challenges faced by local women and children. On this trip, participants will
- learn about human trafficking, domestic violence and immigration issues;
- develop skills to advocate for immigrants and survivors of human trafficking;
- identify resources women can use to help eliminate slavery and domestic violence;
- examine the myths and realities of immigration; and
- explore personal immigration stories.
Applications are due to your PW in the Synod moderator by July 15, 2015. Download an application now!
Bethel Presbyterian Church ~ 19th & York After – School Enrichment Program (Philadelphia, PA – Philadelphia Presbytery) 2015 – 2016 PW Synod Mission Project 19th & York After – School Enrichment Program provides educational resources and family services in a manner that is profession and effective. The program seeks to become a premier & professional After School Enrichment Program providing resources and services to the families of North Philadelphia in vicinity of Bethel Presbyterian Church.
The core values of the program is to serve families in a way that is, “Spiritually Sensitive, Professionally Consistent, Culturally Competent, Outcome and Results Driven.
After-school programs offer more time for learning in new, fun ways for all students, especially those who may need extra help or individual assistance. They also improve a child or adolescents chance that their interest in schools will increase.
Some of the programs and services provided are recreational programs and activities and counseling, mentoring programs and employment support.
Click on this link for more information: 2015 2016 Synod Mission Project