Winter CancellationsIt has always been a policy of the Presbytery of Northumberland to cancel events and meetings in the event of inclement weather. We will notify the committee members by email and/or phone call Before traveling to the Presbytery Office or any of the churches call first to confirm any delays or cancellations. During the winter months when preparing your church meetings and events always plan on a snow date.
- Best Viewed in Mozilla Firefox - to download Firefox for free go to: http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/
Subscribe to the Presbytery of Northumberland
Join us on Facebook
Ministries in the Northumberland Presbytery
- Book of Order
- Church Events
- Community Events
- Continuing Education
- Council Meeting
- Important Dates
- Inspiring Stories of What God is doing…
- Krislund Camp
- Mission Yearbook
- Opportunities for Ministry
- Parish Paper
- Pastor Tier Meetings
- Pittsburgh Theological Seminary
- Presbyterian Disaster Assistance
- Presbyterian Men's Mission Network
- Presbyterian Senior Living
- Presbyterian Women
- Presbyterian World Mission
- Presbytery Directory
- Presbytery Policies
- Presbytery Stated Meeting
- Resource center
- Youth Triennium
- Presbyterian Disaster Assistance delegation travels to remote communities in Puerto Rico November 17, 2017
- It’s a beautiful day in the neighborhood November 17, 2017
- Respecto a los/as ancianos/as gobernantes: una serie mensual para líderes espirituales November 17, 2017
- Jeff Eddings named 1001 New Worshiping Communities coaching associate November 16, 2017
- 사역장로에 관하여: 영적 지도자를 월간 시리즈 November 16, 2017
June 20 to June 23 ~ Sunbury First Presbyterian Church * 238 Market Street, Sunbury. “Foot Prints on the Beach” children ages 4 thru 11 from 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm. To register contact the church office 570-286-7211
June 26 through June 30 ~ Milton First Presbyterian Church * 47 Walnut Street, Milton. “Cave Quest”: Following Jesus the Light of the World from 6:00 pm to 8:30 pm. A light supper will be provided for the children.
June 26 to June 30 ~ Grove Presbyterian Church * 330 Bloom Street, Danville along with Shiloh UCCC invites children to “Surf Shack – Catch the Amazing Wave of God’s Love”, from 5:00pm to 8:30 pm. Contact Shiloh UCC church office to register. 570.275.1943
July 11 to July 15 ~ Galeton First Presbyterian Church shared Ministry * 19 Germania Street, Galeton. “Krislund Traveling Day Camp” from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm. On July 14 the group will travel to Krislund Camp to participate in residential camp activities. Children who have completed Kindergarten through finishing the 8th grade are invited. To register contact Pastor Tom Shatto at 570-367-0041.
July 23 – Bloomsburg First Presbyterian Church and Trinity UCC’s first ever day camp on Saturday, July 23rd. Day camp will begin with registration at 8:30-9:00 and end with a pool party and covered dish picnic. Many activities will be offered during this all-day event, including music, crafts, recreation, and Bible stories.
The theme this year is FOLLOW JESUS. In a beach-like atmosphere, we will explore how to make the decision to serve Jesus. Call the church for more information 570-784-2322
July 25 to July 29 * Montoursville Presbyterian Church, 900 Elm Street, Montoursville. “Krislund Traveling Day Camp” from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm. Lunch and snacks are provided during the week and ending with an overnight trip to Krislund Camp on July 28. Contact the church office for more information and to register. 570-368-1595
July 31 to August 4 ~ Parkhurst Memorial Presbyterian Church * 302 W Main Street, Elkland will host a vacation bible study from 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm. Contact the church office for more information. 814-258-7294
Finding My Voice
With Rev. Dr. Susan Halverstadt
July 29-30, 2016
A retreat for women either in or out of the church that is looking for a safe place to explore finding her voice, her direction and/or a way of expressing herself in tune with her self.
No matter who you are or where you are in ministry or in life, finding your voice is essential. Our overnight retreat will be spent exploring the critical stuff of your life.
* For more information and to register click on the link: Finding My Voice
The Presbyterian Women of the Synod of the Trinity have scheduled four regional meetings for 2016. Events include a Bible study, related activities, great company and a time of spiritual renewal — and no cooking, laundry or cleaning! This is an informal time, so comfy clothes and shoes are in order. There will also be a very short business meeting to elect new leaders and transact other business as needed.
For more information and to register for the Central Region please contact Carolyn Baillie at firstname.lastname@example.org
The regional meetings will be held as follows:
- CENTRAL REGION (May 13-14) at Krislund Camp and Conference Center, Danville, PA. Deadline is April 30. For Carlisle, Huntingdon and Northumberland Presbyteries.
- EASTERN REGION (June 3-4) at Highland Presbyterian Church, Lancaster, PA. Deadline is May 3. For Donegal, Lackawanna, Lehigh and Philadelphia Presbyteries.
- SOUTHWEST REGION (June 10-11) at Mountainside Conference Center, Bethany College, Bethany, WV. Deadline is May 12. For Pittsburgh, Redstone, Upper Ohio Valley, Washington and West Virginia Presbyteries.
- NORTHWEST REGION (July 27-28) at Westminster College, PA. Deadline is June 4. For Beaver-Butler, Kiskiminetas, Lake Erie and Shenango Presbyteries.
On the registration form (click here) there is information about the four gatherings: the date, place and the cost. Each is an overnight stay. Commuters may also attend. If you cannot attend the one scheduled for your region, you are welcome to attend another. After you register, the registrar will send you a confirmation letter along with directions to the gathering location. You will also learn if you need to bring any other items besides your Bible, pen or pencil and how to participate in the local mission project. Materials will be provided for each participant. Take note of the registration due date for the gathering you are attending, to whom to make the check and the registrar’s address for mailing.
Each region is choosing a mission project. The Central Region has chosen the Central PA Food Bank, which distributes items to food banks in our three presbyteries’ regional area. The Northwestern and Eastern Region projects will be available later. The Southwest Region’s project will be a local food pantry and the Washington City Mission.
The new Synod mission project for 2016-17 will be introduced so you can share this information with your PW group.
The guest speakers for the Spring Gathering are:
Amanda Leicht from Grove Presbyterian Church. She’s a physician and has been to Africa and served the Navaho reservation.
Dr. Marilyn Witherup from FPC Bloomsburg church who has been to Guatemala several times.