Winter CancellationsIt has always been a policy of the Presbytery of Northumberland to cancel events and meetings in the event of inclement weather. We will notify the committee members by email and/or phone call Before traveling to the Presbytery Office or any of the churches call first to confirm any delays or cancellations. During the winter months when preparing your church meetings and events always plan on a snow date.
- Best Viewed in Mozilla Firefox - to download Firefox for free go to: http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/
Subscribe to the Presbytery of Northumberland
Join us on Facebook
Upcoming EventsJul22SatAug3ThuAug8TueAug9WedAug16Wed9:30 am General Commission Meeting @ Montoursville Presbyterian ChurchGeneral Commission Meeting @ Montoursville Presbyterian ChurchAug 16 @ 9:30 amShare this:EmailPrintFacebookPinterestLinkedInLike this:Like Loading...Sep7ThuSep15Fri12:00 pm Board of Pensions Retiree Lunch @ Montoursville PresbyterianBoard of Pensions Retiree Lunch @ Montoursville PresbyterianSep 15 @ 12:00 pm – 2:00 pmShare this:EmailPrintFacebookPinterestLinkedInLike this:Like Loading...Sep16Sat9:00 am Stated Meeting of the Presbytery @ Bloomsburg First Presbyterian ChurchStated Meeting of the Presbytery @ Bloomsburg First Presbyterian ChurchSep 16 @ 9:00 amStewardship – Rev. Ellie Johns-Kelley, Presbyterian FoundationShare this:EmailPrintFacebookPinterestLinkedInLike this:Like Loading...Oct5Thu
Ministries in the Northumberland Presbytery
- Book of Order
- Church Events
- Community Events
- Continuing Education
- Council Meeting
- Important Dates
- Inspiring Stories of What God is doing…
- Krislund Camp
- Mission Yearbook
- Opportunities for Ministry
- Parish Paper
- Pastor Tier Meetings
- Pittsburgh Theological Seminary
- Presbyterian Disaster Assistance
- Presbyterian Men's Mission Network
- Presbyterian Senior Living
- Presbyterian Women
- Presbyterian World Mission
- Presbytery Directory
- Presbytery Policies
- Presbytery Stated Meeting
- Resource center
- Vacation Bible School
- Youth Triennium
- The Rev. Dr. Frank Thomas to Preach on Sunday, July 30 July 26, 2017
- Young Adult Volunteer finds new focus with Presbyterian Ministry at the United Nations July 26, 2017
- Give Hope To South Sudan July 25, 2017
- A matter of forgiveness — of student loans July 25, 2017
- Italian peacemaker to speak to U.S. churches this fall July 25, 2017
Tag Archives: PWPN
The Presbyterian Women of the Synod of the Trinity have scheduled four regional meetings for 2016. Events include a Bible study, related activities, great company and a time of spiritual renewal — and no cooking, laundry or cleaning! This is an informal time, so comfy clothes and shoes are in order. There will also be a very short business meeting to elect new leaders and transact other business as needed.
For more information and to register for the Central Region please contact Carolyn Baillie at firstname.lastname@example.org
The regional meetings will be held as follows:
- CENTRAL REGION (May 13-14) at Krislund Camp and Conference Center, Danville, PA. Deadline is April 30. For Carlisle, Huntingdon and Northumberland Presbyteries.
- EASTERN REGION (June 3-4) at Highland Presbyterian Church, Lancaster, PA. Deadline is May 3. For Donegal, Lackawanna, Lehigh and Philadelphia Presbyteries.
- SOUTHWEST REGION (June 10-11) at Mountainside Conference Center, Bethany College, Bethany, WV. Deadline is May 12. For Pittsburgh, Redstone, Upper Ohio Valley, Washington and West Virginia Presbyteries.
- NORTHWEST REGION (July 27-28) at Westminster College, PA. Deadline is June 4. For Beaver-Butler, Kiskiminetas, Lake Erie and Shenango Presbyteries.
On the registration form (click here) there is information about the four gatherings: the date, place and the cost. Each is an overnight stay. Commuters may also attend. If you cannot attend the one scheduled for your region, you are welcome to attend another. After you register, the registrar will send you a confirmation letter along with directions to the gathering location. You will also learn if you need to bring any other items besides your Bible, pen or pencil and how to participate in the local mission project. Materials will be provided for each participant. Take note of the registration due date for the gathering you are attending, to whom to make the check and the registrar’s address for mailing.
Each region is choosing a mission project. The Central Region has chosen the Central PA Food Bank, which distributes items to food banks in our three presbyteries’ regional area. The Northwestern and Eastern Region projects will be available later. The Southwest Region’s project will be a local food pantry and the Washington City Mission.
The new Synod mission project for 2016-17 will be introduced so you can share this information with your PW group.
The guest speakers for the Spring Gathering are:
Amanda Leicht from Grove Presbyterian Church. She’s a physician and has been to Africa and served the Navaho reservation.
Dr. Marilyn Witherup from FPC Bloomsburg church who has been to Guatemala several times.
Out Of The Darkness…Into The Light
A group of Presbyterian women will travel to the San Francisco Bay Area in California, September 22–30, 2016, for PW’s fourth USA Mission Experience. They will connect concerns raised by past USA Mission Experiences and Global Exchanges with similar issues in the Bay Area. Participants will encounter challenges to God’s promise of a beloved community and witness to the faithful work being done by our sisters in the San Francisco and San Jose presbyteries.
The USA Mission Experience equips women with an understanding of the region’s history and culture, the existing ministry of the church and the challenges faced by local women and children. On this trip, participants will
- learn about human trafficking, domestic violence and immigration issues;
- develop skills to advocate for immigrants and survivors of human trafficking;
- identify resources women can use to help eliminate slavery and domestic violence;
- examine the myths and realities of immigration; and
- explore personal immigration stories.
Applications are due to your PW in the Synod moderator by July 15, 2015. Download an application now!
An important message from Grace Marable Social Action Coordinator (Philadelphia Presbyterian Women)
January 11, 2015 was Human Trafficking Awareness Day. You can find many resources to share with your congregations at http://www.traffickfree.org
The hotline number is 888-3737888
There is a film available at http://www.polarisproject.org
There is literature available on the Presbyterian Mission website (bulletin inserts)
There are organizations around that are working hard to put a stop to this crime
SOAP (start a) Save Our Adolescents from Prostitution campaign www.trafficfree.com
Work with ECPAT-USA (End Child Prostitution and Trafficking)
You can support organizations working with-at-risk women and girls to prevent trafficking
Eagles Wings – Lifeboat Project – Ecumenical Women’s Coalition against Human Trafficking- Restore Hope www.facebook.com/ewcahumantrafficking
Click on the photo to see the excitement from the 2012 Churchwide Gathering in Orlando Florida.
Presbyterian Women (PW) is the national women’s organization of the Presbyterian Church (USA). With a history of more than 200 years, PW is committed to nurturing faith, supporting the church’s mission, working for justice and building community. More than 300,000 women live out these commitments through Presbyterian Women in exciting, growth – inspiring ways. PW is organized at all levels of the Presbyterian Church (USA), in congregations, presbyteries and synods as well as the General Assembly.
2013 Coordinating Team of The Presbyterian Women
Moderator Team: Laura Smith
Spiritual Coordinator: Joanna Miller
Leadership and Resources: Martha Manning
Secretary / Newsletter: Patty Beggs
Contingent Treasurer: Ruth Browse
Mission Treasurer / Together in Service: Carrol Morehart
Leaders – at – large: Frances Hall (Grace Presbyterian Church / Montgomery), Jean Shoup (Montoursville Presbyterian Church)