Winter CancellationsIt has always been a policy of the Presbytery of Northumberland to cancel events and meetings in the event of inclement weather. We will notify the committee members by email and/or phone call Before traveling to the Presbytery Office or any of the churches call first to confirm any delays or cancellations. During the winter months when preparing your church meetings and events always plan on a snow date.
- Best Viewed in Mozilla Firefox - to download Firefox for free go to: http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/
Subscribe to the Presbytery of Northumberland
Join us on Facebook
Upcoming EventsJun26MonJul4TueJul6ThuJul11TueJul22SatAug3ThuAug8TueAug9WedAug16Wed9:30 am General Commission Meeting @ Montoursville Presbyterian ChurchGeneral Commission Meeting @ Montoursville Presbyterian ChurchAug 16 @ 9:30 amShare this:EmailPrintFacebookPinterestLinkedInLike this:Like Loading...
Ministries in the Northumberland Presbytery
- Book of Order
- Church Events
- Community Events
- Continuing Education
- Council Meeting
- Important Dates
- Inspiring Stories of What God is doing…
- Krislund Camp
- Mission Yearbook
- Opportunities for Ministry
- Parish Paper
- Pastor Tier Meetings
- Pittsburgh Theological Seminary
- Presbyterian Disaster Assistance
- Presbyterian Men's Mission Network
- Presbyterian Senior Living
- Presbyterian Women
- Presbyterian World Mission
- Presbytery Directory
- Presbytery Policies
- Presbytery Stated Meeting
- Resource center
- Vacation Bible School
- Youth Triennium
- Larry Sthreshley: On the front lines in the battle to stop Ebola June 22, 2017
- Respecto a los/as ancianos/as gobernantes: una serie mensual para líderes espirituales June 22, 2017
- International Peacemaker from Sri Lanka to address U.S. churches this fall June 21, 2017
- Hope and Forgiveness for Rwandan genocide victims and perpetrators June 21, 2017
- Older adult ministry leader shares insights at ‘Ageing and Spirituality’ conference June 20, 2017
Tag Archives: retreats
The Presbyterian Women of the Synod of the Trinity have scheduled four regional meetings for 2016. Events include a Bible study, related activities, great company and a time of spiritual renewal — and no cooking, laundry or cleaning! This is an informal time, so comfy clothes and shoes are in order. There will also be a very short business meeting to elect new leaders and transact other business as needed.
For more information and to register for the Central Region please contact Carolyn Baillie at email@example.com
The regional meetings will be held as follows:
- CENTRAL REGION (May 13-14) at Krislund Camp and Conference Center, Danville, PA. Deadline is April 30. For Carlisle, Huntingdon and Northumberland Presbyteries.
- EASTERN REGION (June 3-4) at Highland Presbyterian Church, Lancaster, PA. Deadline is May 3. For Donegal, Lackawanna, Lehigh and Philadelphia Presbyteries.
- SOUTHWEST REGION (June 10-11) at Mountainside Conference Center, Bethany College, Bethany, WV. Deadline is May 12. For Pittsburgh, Redstone, Upper Ohio Valley, Washington and West Virginia Presbyteries.
- NORTHWEST REGION (July 27-28) at Westminster College, PA. Deadline is June 4. For Beaver-Butler, Kiskiminetas, Lake Erie and Shenango Presbyteries.
On the registration form (click here) there is information about the four gatherings: the date, place and the cost. Each is an overnight stay. Commuters may also attend. If you cannot attend the one scheduled for your region, you are welcome to attend another. After you register, the registrar will send you a confirmation letter along with directions to the gathering location. You will also learn if you need to bring any other items besides your Bible, pen or pencil and how to participate in the local mission project. Materials will be provided for each participant. Take note of the registration due date for the gathering you are attending, to whom to make the check and the registrar’s address for mailing.
Each region is choosing a mission project. The Central Region has chosen the Central PA Food Bank, which distributes items to food banks in our three presbyteries’ regional area. The Northwestern and Eastern Region projects will be available later. The Southwest Region’s project will be a local food pantry and the Washington City Mission.
The new Synod mission project for 2016-17 will be introduced so you can share this information with your PW group.
UPCOMING EVENTS FOR KRISLUND CAMP
A Year Round, Multigenerational Ministry
TELS Retreat Krislund is Hosting a retreat for College Students/Young Adults
March 4-6, 2016
In March Krislund is hosting a college/young adult retreat. The theme is Relentless: Pursuing Christ At Any Cost. The weekend will be full of worship, small group sessions and activities. Our speaker, Jon tells stories. Stories about art. Stories about leadership. Stories about people. Stories about hope. Stories about sports. Stories about LEGOs, snowflakes, and the Macy’s Thanksgiving Parade. Jon tells stories online, on stage, in writing, and in rhyme. Jon tells stories about everything in the hopes of pointing us towards the one thing that really matters. The cost of this even is $35.
ROCK THE CAMP – Youth Event
Mark your calendars for March 24-26, 2016. Krislund is hosting Rock the Camp. This retreat is for youth 6th-12th grade. This service based retreat will be full of worship, prayer, service projects, new friends, and laser tag! The cost is$35. Below you will find the forms you need for the retreat. Contact Ashley at 814-422-8878 or at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
For more information on events go to their website by clicking here: KRISLUND
Time to hire summer counselors
Krisland Camp is hiring for summer staff. Please apply at www.krislund.org
Summer schedule is also available at the www.krislund.org
ROCK THE CAMP
This is a wonderful 2 night/3 day retreat for youth (6th-12th graders) from the supporting Presbyteries. It will extend from Maundy Thursday evening to Saturday morning of Easter weekend. (April 17-19) Fun, Fellowship, Worship with VISION Worship Band leadership. Check the website for more details.
Click on this link 2014 Summer Programs to get more information for the 2014 Summer camping season – plan to send your youth now for a fun experience at Krislund – activities include: the climbing tower, zipline, epic hikes, woodworking camp and the New “Survivor”.
Fellowship LodgeResurrection Lodge 20 New Cabins Retreat Center / Dining Hall Creekside Lodge Brown House Groups from 2 to 200
Retreats, Meetings, Receptions, Adventure activities, Food service
Krislund Camp & Conference Center Madisonburg PAPlease contact us for more information: 814-422-8878 email@example.com www.krislundretreats.org
Stay in one of our 20 new adult cabins Fully furnished with two double beds Private bathroom and shower; heat/AC To learn more, visit our website at krislundretreats.org or call 814-422-8878 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org